Friday, October 22, 2010

Sweetbreads - found in Northwest Arkansas

I did not think I would find this in Northwest Arkansas, much less in a WalMart Neighborhood Market - but I did. The Rogers Neighborhood Market across from NWACC on Hudson carries this fresh. I also found it at Ivan's in Rogers frozen. So, I had to pick it up from both places to try.
Very interesting. I do not know if sweetbreads are supposed to have a smell to them, but the fresh ones had a very unusual aroma to them. The frozen did not have a smell.

Also, be aware that sweetbreads is more than just one thing - what I got at the Neighborhood Market resembled something more like mystery meat. The one from Ivan's seemed to have more form to it and less filament. Next time, I think I will call ahead and see if I can get specifics on exactly they carry instead of just "sweetbreads".

No comments:

Post a Comment